From the same universe as the Brazilian RPG book, “Spiritum o Reino dos Mortos” The Crown Stones: Mirrah is a pixelated Adventure/Horror RPG game. It’s a Metroidvania-styled old-school game, and its main highlights are its acute difficulty and dense atmosphere.
With the Greenlight quick approval, we got our place on Steam.
The game is set in the lowest parts of the extra-physical world: Umbral, Hell, Purgatory, and Naraka; all of these names are equivalent for all places where suffering, pain, and despair are constant and never-ending. In these valleys,
where spirits wander with no destination, is the location where “The Crown Stones: Mirrah” begins. The protagonist of this journey, Rivail Kuth, enters this world and needs to carry out a mission. However, due to his troubled trip to these dimensions, Rivail completely loses his memory, and forgets how he arrived, how to leave, or whom to trust.
“The Crown Stones” includes the spiritual, ethereal, umbral, astral planes as locations. Its creatures & factions encompass:
- Mediums (Communicator between dead and living ones.)
- Apparitions (Humans who have died, but still have unfinished tasks in the world of the living.)
- Wizards of Rosicrucian Order (Those who aim to release men from mistake and death.)
- Umbral Scholars (A school of magic which specializes in the “Way of the Spirits.”)
- Obsessors (Demonic form of specters.)
- Nephalins (Children borne from angels and humans.)
All of these elements aligned to knowledge of philosophy, Hermeticism and Kabbalah.
With fast and fluid gameplay, the game has a back and forth dodge system. It also includes climbing mechanics used frequently in platforming games, as well as a stealth mode and a system called “Rage!” A bar fills as the player
eliminates enemies. When the bar fills completely, the protagonist’s fury increases, allowing for heavier and stronger attacks.
- Use of karma as the game’s currency
- Evolution based on the seven chakras. Each activated chakra will unlock
- Large variety of weapons and items to be used.
- Hidden locations and characters, aside from explicit and implicit content
- Many mysteries to solve throughout the entire game
- Progressive horror; the game becomes more obscure with progression of levels.
Each level of the game will have a characteristic soundtrack, to better represent the feel and weight that the world of the dead conveys.
Frater Studio is a Brazilian indie game developer that was created by directors Fabiano Silva and Murilo Franco in May, 2016. Since then it has been growing and constantly improving all of its production areas. We are getting more experienced and evolving daily. We are incessantly seeking to be better in all areas, and we always combine the factors of fun, quality and knowledge in a way that pleases everyone.