The game is set in the lowest parts of the extra-physical world: Umbral, Hell, Purgatory, and Naraka; all of these names are equivalent for all places where suffering, pain, and despair are constant and never-ending. In these valleys,
where spirits wander with no destination, is the location where “The Crown Stones: Mirrah” begins. The protagonist of this journey, Rivail Kuth, enters this world and needs to carry out a mission. However, due to his troubled trip to these dimensions, Rivail completely loses his memory, and forgets how he arrived, how to leave, or whom to trust.
“The Crown Stones” includes the spiritual, ethereal, umbral, astral planes as locations. Its creatures & factions encompass:
- Mediums (Communicator between dead and living ones.)
- Apparitions (Humans who have died, but still have unfinished tasks in the world of the living.)
- Wizards of Rosicrucian Order (Those who aim to release men from mistake and death.)
- Umbral Scholars (A school of magic which specializes in the “Way of the Spirits.”)
- Obsessors (Demonic form of specters.)
- Nephalins (Children borne from angels and humans.)
All of these elements aligned to knowledge of philosophy, Hermeticism and Kabbalah.